The Unit 2 Test will be on Tuesday, Oct. 21.
1. Know the following words and definitions:
2. Be able to add and subtract whole numbers and decimals.
3. Be able to find magnitude estimates of products like the ones on p. 47 in your math journals. The be able to multiply to find the actual products.
ex. 4.5 * 0.6 ex. 46 * 414
5 * 1 = 5 50 * 400 = 20,000
4. Know place value - thousandths through millions place.
5. Be able to read a word problem and tell (a) what numbers are needed to solve the problem, (b) what question do you want to answer, (c) write an open sentence - with a variable, (d) solve it.
ex. - Joe has 46 baseball cards. He gave 12 to his brother who had only 10. How many cards does Joe have now?
a. What numbers do you need to solve? ___________________
b. What question do you want to answer? ___________________
c. Open sentence ______________________________________
d. solution _______________ e. answer ____________(units)
6. Be able to round numbers to a given place from hundreds to thousandths.
ex. round 27.46 to the nearest tenths - 27.5
ex. round 467.8 to the nearest hundreds - 500